Suffolk Young Enterprise Winners Reception, Press Conference and Presentations
Monday 15th June, 5pm – 6pm at Leiston Film Theatre. Hospitality and networking for invited guests 4pm – 5pm
Yento, Suffolk’s 2015 winning team from Thomas Mills High School invite you to their press conference and presentations on 15th June 2015 at Leiston Film Theatre, followed by a press conference and presentations which will end at 6pm.
With ever more competition for rewarding employment, even with good qualifications, the young students that put themselves forward for the TMHS team were looking to gain invaluable real life skills that would put them ahead of their contemporaries. The ins and outs of teamwork, meeting deadlines, diplomatic debate, controlling resources, marketing, pitching and making money can only be theorised in a classroom situation. The practical necessities of getting all the above right, and more, when dealing with real money and real customers, only becomes apparent when putting theory into practice through initiatives such as Young Enterprise.
Yento would like to share their experiences, discuss the skills they have discovered, the excitement they have had, the character building lows of the year’s activities and how all this together has been a life changing episode in their journey.
They will be inviting competitors from other schools and previous winners to the stage to explain where the skills gained have taken them. Business advisors and sponsors of the scheme will also be invited to discuss why they back this so wholeheartedly and why it helps deliver young people who are more employable and much more valuable in the world of work.
Through this event for the media, existing partners, potential competitors for the 2015/16 competition and potential partners and sponsors for the future we hope to:
- Showcase that Suffolk schools do provide opportunity for inspired vocational learning and that as a county, Suffolk supports, encourages and develops aspirational talents of young people though initiatives that currently do not find space in the curriculum.
- Give our winners an inspiring experience presenting and being interviewed in a theatre in order to give Suffolk the best chance of winning through and gaining the national recognition it deserves.
- To use this as the opportunity to engage with next year’s potential competitors, sponsors and advisors and extend the reach of the programme.
- To gain recognition for the benefits to young people of being exposed to experiences offered through initiatives such as YE.
- To get PR and recognition for the businesses that already understand the impact and support accordingly.
- To get all parties more excited about it and to raise awareness and understanding
Guests are invited for a glass of bubbly and refreshment at 4pm to celebrate success so far and to network. School visitors and students are invited to the presentations at 5pm and of course, there will be popcorn – it’s a theatre!
If you wish to know more or book your place please RSVP to Jenny Stockman (Business Advisor to Yento) on behalf of Suffolk Young Enterprise firstname.lastname@example.org 07773 328495
Event kindly sponsored by East of England Co-op